View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 04:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I will probably be taking Lyrica for the rest of my life. For 2 reasons. First and foremost, it truly does help me, there has been a significant amount of pain loss since I started it 5 years ago. Secondly I recently ran out due to a prior auth issue with my insurance and had none at all for two weeks, and I literally wanted to die. I could NOT deal with the discontinuation syndrome plus the return of the pain. I won't got into all my issues other than to say my pelvis was crushed in a car accident and rebuilt, and without Lyrica I have a severe tail-bone pain that is just unbearable. Add to that the freezing and sweating, diarrhea, bloating and depression and I was seriously suffering. I finally got it again today two hours ago, took a double dose and one of my reg pain meds, and now I'm almost 100% again.

When I first started taking it, I felt drunk, it was horrible, but then I quit taking it during the day, just taking it like a couple hours before bedtime and then again when hubby gets up to go to work at 4am. I'm sleeping off the side effects.

For me personally the benefits outweigh the risks, it keeps me off the heavy heavy pain meds and as long as I can get it I'll be ok. THIS time, I'm going to save some back, that way if this ever happens again maybe I'll be ok.

I do feel for those of you going through the w/d from this. It IS real, it DOES exist. I just wish I had more words of comfort to offer.

God Bless you all.
SwimmersEar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hana (04-03-2014)