View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 07:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Not likely that supplements will affect the pancreas. Some drugs do however... some used for diabetes cause pancreatitis.

I couldn't do anything when I had my long test. After the 2nd hour I crashed, ended up sweating and crying and trembling most of the time. They had trouble finding my veins so that was very painful for me. I can't imagine reading a book under the circumstances I had to go thru. (reactive hypoglycemia etc).

To get less painful fingers, try lancing with a very fine point ( I use Delica lancets with the Delica tool)..and do the upper sides of the fingers. I usually do the middle or ring finger on the left hand. Squeeze the blood down, by shaking your hand and then squeeze the finger near the palm and push the blood to the tip...it should get dark red. (if cold, warm them up in warm water). You'll get a good drop from the side of the finger and it hurts less and won't leave pain in the tips when you use the finger later in the day. The tips of the finger have more nerve endings and are more problematic for discomfort.
Its nice to know I can continue my supplements.

I am sorry that you had difficulty during your test. I did not feel "weird" during my test. However, on some occasions, I knew when my sugar dips down to the range of 65 because i would feel "strange" -- lightheadedness and slight trembling. the doctor said that 65 is not really dangerously hypo. But I think the reason I feel different on that number because I am not used to this low.

I use the sides of my fingers and use Lancets Ultra Thin with Freestyle Freedom-Lite tool. I will continue to be vigilant watching my BS.

I wonder how bad (and how long) is the elevated sugar that could further my nerves. This really concerns me because my nerves are painful as it is.

Thank you.

Mary
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote