View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 07:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
Hi Mary,

When did you have the test? Since we talked? I still believe that a 192 is NOT normal if everything, pancreas and liver, etc. are working perfectly.

If you only have one reading above 160 post prandial, that could be a fluke or a heavy carb but "normal" does not usually produce a 192. I am no doctor but I have personally seen doctor's ignore signs of insulin resistance until patient's hit the magic numbers outlined by the American Diabetes Association.

How often are you getting readings above 160? Your glucose test does look OK but again it is a point in time or rather just two hours of time. What is going on the other 22 hours in your day with your levels?

Hopeless
Hopeless,

Yes, the incidents happened after we talked.

Since September 1, there were 2x incidences where my sugar went up to 192 and 187 on the 1st hour post-prandial. Take note that on both occasions, I ate exactly the same breakfast: 1/4 oatmeal with 1/4 blueberries and 1/2 banana and 2 white eggs.

One dinner of 1 cup of bitter melon, 2 pcs of chicken nuggets, 1 slice of beef and a medium boiled sweet potato, after 1 hour my sugar was 179, 2nd hour was 139 and 3rd hour was 102.

All meals from same period were either normal or above 150 but less than 160.

thank you.

Mary
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote