View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 09:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Similar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
My MP was not temporary in the least.... I had it for over a decade. It did remit with use of Lidoderm patches after about 2 weeks of every day use.

Mine was from an exploratory during a C-section to look for an ovarian tumor. It was only on the right side.

Heat and tight clothing (including underwear) is something to avoid. Hot tubs, heating pads, or steam rooms will now give me minor warnings to stop the heat....so I am very careful with my remission.

If you search this forum there is a good link on AAFP doctors website on MP. It can be confused with trochanteric bursitis of the hip.
Hi Mrs. D,

My MP followed surgery for uterine and R ovarian tumor, also. I hope you did not think I was suggesting that YOUR MP was temporary. I have read that for some, it does go away shortly after beginning but it is usually when some extraneous force, like a toolbelt, or tight clothing was the "cause". Remove the cause and the pain goes away. Ours, were both probably due to surgical insult. I also do not expect full nor permanent relief from the injections but the last one I had has stopped the lightning bolts that wake me from a dead sleep. Being hit with a stun gun while sleeping has finally gotten a bit better.

I have been disappointed that most of the people that posted on this forum have not been around for a long time. I looked up the people that posted a while back and they have not been logged in for a year or more. Thanks to you and Glenn, I feel a little less alone.

Thanks,

Hopeless
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote