View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 11:14 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

vgchat,

Yes, DDS is a dentist.

I am a bit confused by what you have written. The symptoms you described are not normal 10 days post op. If the dentist thought there was no infection, then why the antibiotic??

If you cannot maneuver the syringe than just rinse with the warm salt water.

FYI..... it is best to avoid any foods or drinks that are too cold or hot until the surgical wound closes over. You may have some exposed bone which is why you are having the pain and why a very cold drink would be painful in that area. Your dentist should have been able to see this if he did a thorough evaluation.

Also, not to harp on the subject of soda.... but any amount of soda is unhealthy and certainly not recommended when your mouth is healing from oral surgery. Take a look at this...
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...ng-a-coke.aspx

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgchat View Post
Well I just got back from the dentist today or whatever his title of "DDS" means.
I was prescribed to take more penicillin VK and APAP/Codeine.

What happened pretty much was I went through the xray machine and he made me open my mouth while checking it using those dental stick things.

I asked if there was a chance of infection and if was the jaws and received a no to both. Apparently it's the teeth or lack thereof causing the pain. They want me to use the little syringe thing to help dislodge food but I find that a bit difficult to use & opt to rinse with warm saltwater instead... even though I can't see what I'm doing with that syringe, would it be ok to keep rinsing like this or should I try to use that syringe more?
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote