View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 11:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Very interesting topic

First of all, I live in a "legal" state.

A few years ago, while trying to reduce prednisone dosage, I suffered from intense and I mean INTENSE muscle and joint pain. Did I mention the pain was INTENSE?????

I was visiting at a friend's home and her husband asked me how I was doing and I told him that I felt so bad that I was wishing I could get some pot and see if it would help with the pain from the prednisone withdrawal.

LOL - he said he could get me some - really soon - if I wanted some. I declined because I was unsure of how it might affect my breathing.

Fast forward about a year ago. Friends (different ones) were visiting and again, I just kind of wished out loud about trying MJ to see if it would help with my MG. My friend's hubby told me of a doc I could go to and get a medical card for MJ. Medical marijuana is legal now in California. This doc is about 4 hours from where I live....... I never made that trip to that doc.

My relatively stable MG has recently exacerbated - unusually hot and humid here in California - and lots of intense emotional stress - two people very close to me have died recently. Again, trying to reduce the $#@! prednisone dosage and it has not been fun. Frankly, it has been the PITS !

I do believe that I am going to talk to my neuro - who has been wonderful and quite open-minded about my MG treatment = about the possibility of medical marijuana.

At this point, I am willing to try anything to get off this stupid prednisone completely (still on Cellcept and of course, mestinon). So many side-effects now from long-term use. And who knows what is going on with my body that haven't even manifested??????

Hmmmmmmm.........

If my neuro doesn't want to write a prescription for MJ (marijuana) - I can always contact one of my friends' (mentioned above) husbands !!!!

I'll let the group know what happens.....

Last edited by SoftTalker; 09-18-2013 at 11:45 PM.
SoftTalker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (09-20-2013), southblues (09-19-2013)