View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 12:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrae View Post
I couldn't agree with you more on both points that you made.

I learned Sign Language at a young age. Fun fact: I went to high school in Illinois with Marlee Matlin (she's an actress who is deaf if you don't know who she is). We were friends and hung out together. She's a great person by the way. She won an Oscar for her role in Children of a Lessor God. The high school was half hearing and half hearing impaired. Anywayyyyy....... I learned through Sign Language just how import body language is, and all of that is lost in simple text. It is so easy to misconstrued another sometimes when we don't have that body language and voice inflections to pull the conversation completely together.

Anger: I was mad as hell for a while, a long while. I was in my mid 30's when this happen to me and I felt robbed. Then I learned that there are some who have had this most, if not all of their lives, and have never known a day without it. My heart goes out to them for sure.

I still get angry from time to time, but I sure don't spend my days wrapped up in anger any more. I try to keep light, but I fail at times. About the time I am getting used to one phase of this disease it will change / worsen. I guess it might be slightly easier if I wasn't still raising kids, trying to keep up with home and a business (that I am bringing to a halt in the next couple of months). See it's things like that. I have worked my buns off for ten long years. Sacrificed in every way to build it. Watched it become successful and then not be able to keep pace any longer, and yet the money would be fantastic! And it's not just money, I love what I do. I became a damn good video producer and have an eye for it. Just stinks that I am having to slow WAY down or quit all together. Anywho it is what it is.

Just my two cents.
Thanks Vrae,

I've always wanted to learn sign language.. hmm maybe that will be a winter project for me to tackle lol.. maybe then my sweet husband will "hear" me...haha.. he likes to play selective hearing

It is hard to face the changes.. bad enough there is no cure and any treatments offered have less odds of being effective than the odds of winning the lotto! But, wondering what next is probably the most difficult part of this whole thing - at least for me. I tend to do much better once I know what I'm dealing with.. the "surprise" symptoms and sudden loss of things that worked yesterday totally throws me for a loop. In my quest to deal with the unknown I try to play a game everyday with my body/brain. Basically I try to trick it.. never doing any treatment or therapy with any consistency. My theory is that the nerve/brain learn how to overcome whatever I throw at it.. so as long as I am "tricking" it I am hoping it won't get used to anything so that my "tool box" stays full a bit longer. I hope that made sense.

Sorry to learn of your business - I've been a small business owner most of my working years so I can understand how hard this must be for you mentally and physically. A thought came to mind after reading your post as a videographer.. have you ever considered working with attorney's who represent people injured by someone else's negligence? As an example.. I was video'd for a clip called "the life in a day of Tessa" this was to show my injuries in detail and how much more challenging my life became because of my injuries. If you did something like this I'm sure you would put a passionate spin on it considering you understand personally what suffering is all about. Also.. it pays well based on what the cost was to do this in my situation. I would think it would also be very interesting work and you could schedule it around your own limitations. Anyways.. just a thought.

Hang in there and enjoy the moon!
Tessa
zookester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
allentgamer (09-20-2013), Vrae (09-19-2013)