View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 10:28 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dana112369 View Post
I suffer from schizophrenia, PTSD, Severe Anxiety Disorder and several other mental conditions. I have a pit bull that I have had since he was 6 weeks old that can since when I am having a panic attack and he helps when I am having what I call my schizo attacks he lays his body across my chest to sooth me. I have just recently talked to my psychiatrist about making him my constant companion but I don't know what else I need to do nor does he for us to accomplish this can anybody please help me.
If you mean some kind of status beyond being a pet, that may be a hard sell depending on your location.

Breed-specific laws state-by-state (and international)

Some insurance companies also have breed-specific clauses/exceptions to coverage. You would have to look to your policy regarding that.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mozart 43 (08-19-2015)