Thread: Occlusions
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 12:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Eventually

Hi

Now for my phrenic nerve....no problems after first surgeries many years ago. CXRs no problems and had CXRs over years and no elevation etc. Have no been symptomatic. Last surgery - Nerve slung up thru ssurg - no damage -post op CXR showed no problem. about 5 days post op - chest pain and SOB - CXR and ECG normal but continued to be getting more breathless then oxy sats down and put on Oxygen treated for chest infection..and tried various lung therapies but found them difficult to generate pressure required.
Get muddled here as not so well, but CXR after ICU eleation obvious. I did have VQ scan which showed issue with diaphragm, but neg for PE (embolus).

HAd lots of resp funct tests where vital capacity decreased etc... Now when saw CXR after 5 days it looked like consolidation/collapse but can see the elevation...misleading. Anyway..had nerve conduction studies ..paralysed left and partially paralysed right. On oxy at home to help with SOB as work hard on resp rate. ON exertion rate increases and with warm weather. As with Bigpede..feels like heavy pressure on chest I liken to elephate sitting on self ( not that one ever has!!) Feel pressure in throat etc if lie flat and hard to breathe. So sleep (that is questionable statement) upright. Still on follow up.
So sot sure what happened partic as the viral illness some years back and docs think this might be responsible. Difficult one to prove or disprove. Surg sure (who I trust) not happened in op but suppose lesion etc could have occurred off sight of surgeon or something went during first few days especially as vomited heavily for 24 hours (reaction to one of the pain meds).
Serial CXR over years studied for changes. Good resp physician on board. Has disscussed all options with me. Wants to just watch and see what develops. KNow about Bi PAP (still might need at night) Diaphragmatic pacing etc...

All a bit confusing. Anway currently arms and hands are giving me hell. Exhausted.Hate the pressure around throat on being upright and also the pain down arms and in fingers (first 3 partic). Feels like someone forgot to take BP cuff off arms in part. Get the discoloration and mottling of hands, and swelling. Pins and needles better with Lyrica but still occurs. Once one arm red and hand and other pale...doc was amazed!! Doing anythhing that requires constant use and repitition eg action like washing hair etc increases pain as do vibrations. Pain in neck, dont hold head upright in mid line always to one side. Feel like head not supported and falling into body. Odd sensation around chin to bottom lip. Whooshing in ears. Hate pressure on arms ...So meds high, tried dropping off middle dose so function better instead of being drowsy and pain but sometimes have to take.
Did have stenosis SC art and had some grafting work..and vessels in general are smaller than normal!!
Anyway that will do for now. Hope that sort of explains though doesn't in some parts .

Thanks for kind words. THank heavens for voice software. Sorry if any errors as still learning though better than previous versions.

Best wishes to you all.
Hx
Horizontal One is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote