View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 01:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you very much for the reply. I guess my options are very limited now. They have put me on a course of augmentin, which is an amoxicillin and potassium clavulanate tablet. The dentist said if the pain reduces then they will fill up the hole in the crown with composite cement( the crown itself is supposed to have been fixed temporarily, but refuses to come off) and that's it. If it dosent improve then they will cut out the crown and leave the tooth off the bite till we decide to extract it.And no, they didn't use a microscope. I got a couple of questions:
A) is it ok to have a crown with a hole filled up with cement ( I paid a bomb for the crown) or should I ask them to cut it off and replace with a new crown

B) should I stick with the present crown, and monitor the progress . That way I case I have to get it extracted won't be paying for another crown

C) is there any way to know if the tooth is cracked. As I feel either it's infected or cracked. The were suggesting a cone beam ct scan, but were doubtful about finding anything on it.

D) is there any way to confirm the infection, apparently no dark spots show up on the x-ray

Looking forward to hearing from you all,
Thanks a lot
yoba is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote