View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 05:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenntaj View Post
--that, given the reports of what you said you've consumed, some of those half-hour and 1-hour readings are concerningly high. But it is true that people can have occasional high spikes like that, due to supplements, medications, activity level, content of meal, or even stress (which certainly raises blood glucose levels temporarily) without being diabetic.

I do agree, though, that a longer (and stationary!) glucose tolerance test with 1/2 hour spaced draws and insulin levels done concurrently may give you more insight into what's going on. Yes, it's boring, and yes, it makes you feel like a pincushion (it helps to alternate arms and fingers during the draws), but the patterns of results are often helpful to see whether insulin resistance is suspected and how severe it may be.
I wish my endoc will agree to give me the insulin test. I don't know yet how to convince him though. Definitely, he will not another glucose test. You know how doctors now are too cautious in giving tests, for economical reasons.
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote