View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 07:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thanks Tessa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zookester View Post
Thanks Vrae,

I've always wanted to learn sign language.. hmm maybe that will be a winter project for me to tackle lol.. maybe then my sweet husband will "hear" me...haha.. he likes to play selective hearing
Yeah I tend to talk with my hands a lot when someone can’t hear me. It is my knee jerk reaction. Like my husband for instance. I can’t tell you how many times he and I have been out on location filming in some quite situation and we’d be what felt like football field away from each other dealing in hand signals and many times I would default to sign language. I would tell him; things would be easier if you would just pick up a FEW signs … lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zookester View Post
It is hard to face the changes.. bad enough there is no cure and any treatments offered have less odds of being effective than the odds of winning the lotto! But, wondering what next is probably the most difficult part of this whole thing - at least for me. I tend to do much better once I know what I'm dealing with.. the "surprise" symptoms and sudden loss of things that worked yesterday totally throws me for a loop.
Oh wow zookester, we are singing from the same hymn book for sure. I completely agree.

The biz: It crushed me when we first began to wind down. I still have moments that I just can’t believe that it’s ending, but it is a HIGH stress / pace occupation. Which oddly enough was one of the things I was okay with, but I can’t take thousands and sometimes hundreds of thousands of dollars from anyone and not be able to deliver. My brain just can’t operate at the level it used to either. Be it the drugs or the CRPS or whatever, it became embarrassing for me and impossible to keep pace.

We have had many clients who are law firms. One of which was Denver’s largest personal injury firms. Never did any court videography, but it really just isn’t possible for me to be up and on my legs anymore. And this cognitive stuff, well.. . it’s just too much.

On the upswing (Lord knows I’m trying to find some), in about six weeks I should be able to put this last client to bed and that will open me up to do whatever I want to do, whenever I want to do it. I am looking forward to that freedom. I am hoping this next spring I can work on some works of love. Perhaps some kind of docu. I would really like to do something for us, all of us. I would like to try and give back to this community of people who desperately NEED a voice, fundraising, PSA's for the general public and doctors who don’t have a clue what CRPS is… something... I want to do something like that. Just haven’t nailed down what yet. But I’d be lying if I didn’t say that I have looked at all the equipment we have and have thought that it’s time to sell it. I just can’t bring myself to do that yet.

Thanks for the response Tessa!!
Vrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AZ-Di (09-20-2013)