View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 08:17 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hello Lori,

Welcome to our community. Sorry that it is under such circumstances but we are here to share information and support, so hopefully being here will help you.

I'm not sure about the cortisol effect of LDN. My understanding is that it has the greatest influence on endorphin levels. I have been using it for the last year or so with good results. It takes the edge off of the symptoms of MS, chronic digestive issues and also seems to help my body heal faster from various set backs. Most importantly it has restored cognition and keeps the 'cog-fog' at bay. That was the main concern when I too started looking for something that wasn't a strong medication with potential negative side effects. So far LDN has only provided benefit for me.

Had I known over 30 years ago when I was diagnosed with MS, and had the medications that are available now, been available then, I would have kept trying theDMDs until I found one that both worked and that did not cause too many side effects.
Since that hindsight was not available as foresight and the current medication options were not available then (predisone was about it, and I can't take that one), my options are now quite limited. The damage to the nerves and brain now progressive, with no remission in sight. The DMDs are not effective for SPMS and so the window of opportunity to prevent further lesion activity (the lesions that are present simply get worse), has pretty much passed in my case.

I wish a continued symptomatic remission for you, but urge you to consider medication (even if it is only LDN); especially since there is evidence of increased lesion activity in the spine.
They may be symptomatically silent now, but might not remain so. Symptomatically speaking, spinal lesions seem to have the capacity to cause the greatest level of impairment, so if there is a way to slow their progression, I would advise you to continue to research it as well as to seriously consider medication options. Yes, it may come down to choosing between the lesser of two evils, as it were.

Are you under the care of an MS neuro that you can discuss your options and concerns with?

With love, Erika
Erika is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AynaDee (09-28-2013), SallyC (09-20-2013)