View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 01:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

A call what you have apparently been through "the honeymoon period." If you are healing, and if you have been being damaged for a significant amount of time, it is common to plateau, to have returning lessened symptoms, returning worsened symptoms temporarily, or even new feelings.

This is common.

It may be for minutes, hours, days, weeks, or months. Depends on too many variables to generalize.

I suggest that people write down carefully all symptoms, signs, and coping mechanisms before beginning treatment. Then make notes on a calendar as things change. And, then, look back at the situation in 6-month increments. Things may go much faster, but when one is on the slow track it is common to slowly adapt to improvement (as we slowly adapt to worsening) and not to realize what has happened.

I've experienced people complaining that nothing has improved, and then upon asking them questions about specific moments in their lives found that they had forgotten having needed a cane, drastic swelling, or other severe problems! It is amazing how we adapt.

rose

rose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote