View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 01:51 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default me and depression & drop in baromet pressure

yes yes--
I have been suffering with depress. and bipolar much stronger the last 8 years. I always felt some correlation between the sunshine and a rainy day.!!!! I'm sad/angry with rain every thing goes wrong. sunny day up beat feeling , in the zone, every thing goes right!!!
just recently I notice the day BEFORE RAIN - my mood would drop! still sunny out but feeling off. it struck me when the weather is bad the baro pressure goes down.!!!!! I also think the baro pressure goes down just before a storm etc.!!! people have barometers in homes to predict weather. "brain storm"(no pun intented) suggestion -- IRON LUNGS ARE TO MAINTAIN GIVEN PRESSURE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl1968 View Post
I have been fighting depression / bipolar ii for many years. I've been on and off anti-depressants and mood stabilizers. I've taken so many different types of supplements. I've given up gluten, alcohol, sugar, caffeine. I exercise religiously.

All this has helped but it hasn't stopped periodic 3-5 day stretches of debilitating depression. Can't get out of bed, the world is ending, it's not worth living, etc

Like many of you, I finally (recently) tied it to drops in barometric pressure. My God, how can that cause me to feel the way that I feel??

Let's work together to figure this out. Has anyone tried the oxygen therapy that another poster suggested? I plan to look into this and will post back. Please contact me if you want to discuss this offline -- nothing more important in my life than getting this figured out...
planejane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (09-30-2013)