View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 06:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

When I get asked how the "tingling" has been........ WHAT tingling? I do not have "tingling". I have electrical shocks. The word "tingling" makes me think of how your foot or leg feels when you sat on it and it "went to sleep". You attempt to stand and you get the pins and needles, tingling until it wakes up throughly. I do not get those types of pins and needles. I get "shocked". I have constant burning. In 2000, my MRI showed a herniated disc and they wanted to operate but I knew that my disc herniation was NOT the culprit of my leg pain. I declined. They insisted I try a spinal nerve block. It did nothing but create a marble sized lump next to my spinal column for the past 13 years. I have been seeing a pain mgt doc and we tried a nerve block directly into the LFCN. Wow, the minute he withdrew the needle, NO pain. First time in decades of NO pain. I had forgotten what that felt like. After getting home, I took a nap and was awoken with the lightning type bolt of electricity. Thought I was dreaming because when I went to sleep I had NO pain. Well, the anesthetic wore off within hours and I was back to square one. To be continued......
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote