View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 07:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Lisa,

I am back. Part 3
My doc and I both wanted to try a second time with a direct nerve block into the LFCN. He used different combo of meds in the injection the 2nd time. At first there was NO benefit. A week past and NO benefit. After about 10-14 days I began to sleep without being jolted by electrical shocks. I could sit for about 90 minutes. I made it through a grocery trip without crying in pain. I was getting close to the unbearable stage but made it out of the store before desires for amputation. Since I experienced about a 20-30% improvement with the 2nd injection, we are going for a third next month.

All prior efforts at relief had failed so I am glad for the injections. Went through physical therapy, aqua therapy, spinal blocks, Lyrica and neurontin meds, TENS unit, pain patches, etc. etc. The injections directly into the LFCN have been the ONLY thing to give me any relief. My only expectation from the injections is temporary "calming" of the nerve and I will be happy with that and will be glad to repeat it as often as possible.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote