View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 01:00 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

As one who would have easily been labeled ADD in school, I believe the label is abused. Between brain injuries, lifestyles, nutrition and environments, early childhood experiences (too much 3 to 6 second sound bites on Sesame Street and Electric Light Company), it is extremely difficult to diagnose ADD/ADHD properly. There are many symptoms of PCS that completely overlap ADD/ADHD.

I would suggest true volitional neuro-feedback to treat ADD/ADHD so you can separate it from PCS. Unfortunately, very few qEEG and neurofeedback clinicians analyze patients for brain injury causation of their symptoms.

Regarding ADD meds for PCS recovery. I get the idea that the ADD meds are not helping with recovery but are rather helping with the PCS symptoms as the brain tries to recover. Patients with PCS are annoying to their doctors and giving them ADD meds helps them with some symptoms so they are less of an impatient annoyance. The stimulating effect of ADD meds is in opposition to the needs of a recovering brain. The long term value or problem of ADD meds for PCS is not likely to be reported.

Most of my siblings have been on ADD meds at some time or another. I have chosen to use nutritional supplementation and found great benefit from it.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote