View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 02:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New on here-TN questions

I was diagnosed with TN eight years ago after four months of torturous pain, many pain meds and many trips to the dentist and doctor. I was put on Amitriptyline. The pain went away and never came back, even after I stopped that med after two years...

Until this spring. I started having shooting pains in my molars on the left side. Unbearable. So, once again after many pain meds, three rounds of antibiotics, a root canal and many trips to the dentist I am still in pain. I was REALLY hoping it was the tooth and I would not have to go down this road again. But here I am. I will start with my GP tomorrow.

I am wondering if dental issues can aggravate TN?? The pain has lessened since the root canal but it has also changed form and location a bit.

I am also wondering if anyone has had symptoms disappear for so long and return years later??

I am exhausted from being in pain for two months. I am also nervous and upset about having to deal with this again. My mother has MS and TN. My grandmother had TN. I have had an MRI to rule out MS. It was fine. I have also experienced other neurological symptoms in the past. My left arm for a few months was inexplicably sore. That left on its own. I experience strange sensations on my face and head, such as the feeling of a hair on my skin or crawling sensations on my scalp.

Just looking for any feedback or support.
Thanks
justjane37 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote