View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 03:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I've broken about 6 teeth, mostly molars and had to have root canals on them since I got RSD. I was massively grinding my teeth at night and didn't know it and they started fracturing and pieces were breaking off. Unfortunately I had an idiot of a dentist back in the beginning RSD years. He would send me out for a Root Canal and never once suggested a Bite Guard. FOr the last 7 years or so I've worn that bite guard faithfully, even for a nap and it's helped immensely. I also have horrible dry mouth like everyone else here, so that has caused me a couple of cavities as well. I cant have epinephrine which is in the normal stuff most dentists use as local anesthesia. The substitutes that much longer to deaden the nerves and I often need several injections because the first one or two never work. I hate going to the dentist, massively hate it.

One I just had removed, rather than having the root canal. I have another one that my dentist just patched without putting me under. She was really careful in removing part of the old filling and patching it without touching areas that would send me though the roof. I had already decided if she suggested the root canal, that I would just have it removed. I found that less stressful. In all cases I knew I had to have the dental work done. My RSD spread to my head and face after those first few years so I don;'t know if that work contributed to the spread I experienced across the rest of my body or not, but I don't contribute it to the dental work. Maybe that's me just trying to cope with the dental work I needed. I don't know. I do know as long as it's a tooth that's not so visible I would choose to have the tooth removed now and If anyone has problems with tooth breaking, I would highly suggest a night guard.
Sylmeister is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blueberry (07-28-2016)