View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 09:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default TN or root canal trouble

Eight years ago I was diagnosed with TN. I had suffered through four months of the most excruciating pain between my bottom two front teeth. I saw the dentist many times and there was nothing wrong with my teeth. I was told I have TMJ problems, as well as clenching and grinding during sleep. I was finally put on Amitriptyline and the pain went away. I stayed on that for two years and have been fine since.

This spring I had a deep filling done on my second molar in on the bottom left side. The pain came back two months later. Three courses of antibiotics and many pain pills later I had a root canal done a month ago. The pain has definitely lessened. It has settle in my jaw and cheek. It still radiates to the bottom, and top, teeth sometimes. It all hurts more as the day goes on.

I know now, after reading some forums, about the troubles with root canals and infections. I am confused because of my history with TN. My mother has MS and TN. My grandmother also had TN. I have also experienced other neurological symptoms over the years. I had inexplicable pain in my left arm for a few months that went away. I also have sensations like hair on my face and crawling feelings on my scalp. And sometimes other nerve pain and muscle spasms around my jaw on both sides. I had an MRI done a couple of years ago to screen for MS and it was fine.

I do not have dental insurance and so far this tooth has cost me a lot of money. I was going to make a doctor appointment tomorrow to discuss the TN. I am confused and any help would be appreciated. I am also wondering if tooth infection can trigger TN because I am prone to nerve pain??

Thanks
justjane37 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote