View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 10:34 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

sadie,

This is not an easy decision to make. I hope that this second oral surgeon gives you some clear answers and can lessen your concerns and fears.

The numbness could be due to inflammation associated with these two teeth as well as your tmj. Be very specific with the oral surgeon about the numbness.... when it started .... what makes it worse, what makes it better.....show him where it is exactly.

I hope the pain lets up so you can think clearly. Try not to let the disappointment bring you down because it is too easy to get stuck in that frame of mind. Remember positive thinking will empower you to make good decisions.

Please keep us posted....
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadie682 View Post
Been in pain from both teeth all weekend. So disappointed in the failure of all these dentists to help me instead of just continuing to treat me without trying to actually solve the problem. I will try to get my money back for the root canal, but even if I do, I probably can't get back the money for all the ancillary procedures. More important, I will never get the last year back.

I guess I'll try to do the extractions this week. Just want another consultation with an oral surgeon, as the first one said the back tooth is very close to the nerve, and considering the facial numbness I'm already experiencing, that makes me nervous. I thought the numbness was a result of the TMJ, but now I'm wondering if this is something I should be especially concerned about? The 3d cone beam showed nothing significant. Also the possibility that the surgery could result in permanent facial numbness.

I'm very scared, and will probably be even more terrified as the time grows closer, but I hope this surgery brings me some relief. And I'm very grateful to you, Bryanna, for answering all these questions along the way. I'm hoping the extractions will be problem-free, but I've never had this many complications from dental work in my life, so I'm more than a little nervous. Thanks for sticking with me!
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote