Thread: Facial numbness
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 04:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default the answer could be simpler

I have "classic migraines". rather than being head-aches or excuses to avoid that neighbours dinner party, these migraines bring on numbness and sometimes tingling on one side of the face, a falcid or numb tongue and gums, the sensation of a flash bulb where you are looking and the feeling that your eyes are wiggling or darting. If you ask someone to look at your moving eyes...there is no movement becuase the "movement' is internal...misfiring in your brain.
Perhaps you don't need all of these tests...go see an opthamologist the next time you have an attack.
How do I deal with these...I predict them and cut them off before they grow. When I get that tight sensation at the back of the neck...I get cool cloths, go into a darkened room, drink water and go to sleep. I avoid light, noise, caffeine and spices.
What is likely to bring mine on: air pressure changes, like a sudden hot sunny day after cloudy rainy weather; 2nd: hormonal changes....I don't know about guys but we women sure have them in spades; 3rd: anxiety and fatigue...I try to take care of myself and exercise well enough to be glad to drop into bed at night and thrilled to jump out in the morning.
Raema-Jean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote