View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 01:20 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Frown Avoid muscle relaxers if you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMary View Post
Hello and Glad to Be Here, But Not So Happy To BE IN PAIN!!! I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, as well as a very bad back, tear on L4/L5, bulging discs, spinal stenosis, and severe arthritis. I find myself in constant pain. I have tried many methods to try and feel better. Nothing really works. Some take the edge off, but don't really work. I have tried multiple pain pills, currently taking Norco, and muscle relaxers. I use muscle rubs, ice, heat, massage, hot baths, and much more when I can. I just was hoping to get some ideas on feeling better regarding pain. I really need to do something to get my pain levels down. Thanks for listening. Mary
At all costs avoid muscle relaxers. I have been at this for over 25 years. meditation works for me. I have similar diagnosis' I ignore them and don't even think about them. The best way to deal with it for me anyway. have you rec'd a back brace? If not get one they help for the L4-L5 have the same issues as you.Topicals for me are a waste of money none work. A TENS unit works well but you must be careful with it. Some tips from an experienced chronic pain "overcomer" not a sufferer. Keep the mind occupied and off the pain.
25yrsnstillfighting is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote