View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 08:34 AM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default Metallic Taste, blocked sinus and ear after Root Canal

I had a root canal and crown installed about a year ago. When my dentist gave me a novacaine shot, I felt a sharp pain in the nerve, which has happened before, no big deal. Immediately after Novacaine wore off, I had a constant metallic taste that continues to this day a year later. My dentist replaced the porcelain crown with a ceramic crown but still no help. I do drink coffee and smoke which now intensifies the taste.
Now a year later and I can tap on the crown and feel sensitivity, but no pain. Just a tickling effect that goes to my inner ear. I awaken every morning with nasal congestion, ear & jaw pain, swollen tonsils that feel as if i swallowed a fish bone every morning. These symptoms subside after a few hours of being awake.
My question is do I see an Endodontist, ENT, or other medical professional? I know I have allergies and they are pretty bad this year, but shots have not alleviated them over the years. I love my dentist and I know they worry about legal action but I am not looking for that, I just want to get rid of these aggravating problems.
RobRivera is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote