View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 08:51 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hey. I'm starting to feel good about this. I feel like I just joined some kind of elite group!

Well to tell you the truth about me, I was a medical laboratory scientist and sometimes that can work against me. In my case the less I know about it might be better than more lol. So I've been staying away from medical info as much as possible. I was diagnosed just about a month now and it took me about 5 or 6 hours to get used to the fact that I have PD. My philosophy is when I wake up in the morning I just go on living. I just deal with the aches and pains and forget about the dx. It's been one month and I haven't studied PD at all. So I decide I might take a peak at the medication and Bingo... I get burned. I start imagining going to the grocery store making all kinds of weird facial expressions with everyone looking at me like I'm from a different planet and start questioning me about whether or not I'm documented or illegal.

Anyway.. one thing that really puzzles me is that in my case all my symptoms are in my legs. They are supers stiff in the morning. They get so weak that I can't make it from one side of the house to the other. Sometimes they ache so bad that I lay down on the bed and I can't lay down because it is too painful.Then I stand up to ease the pain and then that hurts and then I try to lay down again. When I get like that its like torture. I'm a pretty tough guy when it comes to pain but when I can't lay down or stand I feel like a 10 year old kid who wants to call his mom for some sort of comfort.

Here is the mysterious part. I have no tremors at all. I have extremely fine dexterity.Coordination used to be a lot better but its not bad at all.

Did anyone ever hear of a case of PD that involves the legs only with zero tremors on their entire body?
linktrek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote