View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 11:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Healing quinolone induced neuropathy

After making some radical changes to my diet and lifestyle, I've seen major improvements in nerve pain. I had to cut out all grains, (wheat, rice, oats, etc), dairy, soy, sugar, coffee, alcohol, processed foods or beverages, and nuts (these can be inflammatory). I only eat organic or grass fed foods and drink distilled or purified water. Plus, I exercise lightly for now - walking, yoga, or light biking. And on top of all that, I take high doses of magnesium (including Epsom salt baths), vitamin D, B12, CQ10, and quite a few other supplements. Sleep and managing stress are important too.

Although extreme and these changes have not been NOT easy, the idea is to reduce inflammation in the body which reduces pain and allows for healing. Since I didn't know what specifically caused inflammation for me, I cut out everything that possibly could and will slowly add foods back down the road. So far, this regimen has worked for me and if I follow it ever day, the pain is very well managed. If I vary from this regime, then the pain comes back. For example, I ate a few servings of rice and nuts two weeks ago, and suffered for five days because of it.

One online book I would highly recommend is "The Levaquin Tendonitis Solution". It provides a lot of good information about supplements and the healing process after Quinolone toxicity.
TAOBOISE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote