View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 01:29 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I know what a pain in the rump it is to deal with the tamper-resistant Rx paper for fentanyl patches. I had to go thru extra stress while I waited for my doctors to sort this out with the pharmacy on a few occasions. It's such a pain because these scripts cannot be called in, they have to be hand delivered. I think there is more technology in this paper than there is in US paper currency. That paper will say void on it if someone tries to photocopy the scripts plus many other guards are built into it. It's the best way the DEA can track these hardcore meds is what I was told. I'm glad it worked out for you but I bet your anxiety was amped up in the meantime while you were waiting for those patches.

Have you ever tried breathing exercises for your anxiety? One simple exercise is putting your thumb or finger on one nostril and breathing and then switch to the other side. I don't know if its the distraction from whatever stress attack is going on or if its something else but I find it to help when I don't want to pop an anti-anxiety pill. If you ever tried yoga, it's very similar to that type of breathing.

I had my Pom for 15yrs then one day her kidneys started going bad and she passed. Those lap dogs might be small but she gave back more love than my large dogs combined. I hope your dog feels better soon.

Prialt is very expensive. The cash price is between $3000 and $5000 per pump refill. So hopefully insurance can cover some of this. It's really hard to get the right mixture especially if you already have other meds in your pump but I finally said that I will give it a try in 2014. Hallucinations used to be a major side affect but if they give you just the right amount of prialt then i was told its not as bad.

do you remember when i asked about what size reservoir? My guess is you have the smaller reservoir and I only say that because you have to be refilled every 2 weeks. I chose the larger reservoir because I wanted fewer trips to the doctors office but it does stick out. They both look like a hockey puck but mine is twice as thick. I tend to bump it once in awhile and man does that hurt but the pain goes away in 15 min or so.

Can you have dilauded or something similar put into your pump instead of putting those fentanyl patches on? You wouldn't have to deal with monthly scripts or withdrawal, you would gain back memory and clarity and the ability to drive plus so much more.

Thanks again for keeping your diary up. I really hope this HBOT works for you.

Hopefully this reply makes some sense as I can barely keep my eyes open now so it's off to bed for me.

Mike

ALASKA MIKE
ARACHNOIDITIS,CRPStype2/CAUSALGIA since 2004
ALASKA MIKE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Djhasty (09-26-2013)