View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 03:00 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSD RENEE View Post
I get angry at my husband too sometimes and burst into tears when he says things sometimes. He is just trying to help, and I shouldn't get mad, but when you're in pain all the time it's hard to not have a short fuse at times. He understands I don't mean to get mad and that it's just the pain speaking, as I'm sure your husband does too. I used to be a very happy and active person too until I got RSD. I've sorta isolated myself until now. It's good to talk to the others going through this. Other people who aren't sick with this just don't know. It's too hard to describe to them.
I can't stand when I tell people how much pain I'm in, say that I "look good". It makes me mad. Looks aren't an indication that I'm okay. They don't feel the pain I feel, have the limited range of motion I have or the bedsores I have. They don't need to take over 20 pills a day just to get out of bed to function at a minimum. And they don't have the stress from all the medical bills we are drowning in from all the doctors we have to see all the time. Sorry, I'm just venting again. Does that ever happen to you and does it bug you too. Maybe it's just me. Anyway, I hope you have a good night. Remember one day at a time.
Hey Renee,

It's never just you, that's the truth of this condition. It tests us in every way, every day, until we just want to scream and hide. But we don't, we keep going, and every time I hear people like you admitting these feelings but then expressing something funny, cheerful or just strong in another post, it fills me with pride to know that we CRiPSers have such a steely core to even the most fragile body.

Pain, money, family, stress, emotions, pain, grief, worry, more pain... Sometimes life feels as if it's just about the bad things, other times we can laugh and hug and feel great, even if it's only for a short time. Never forget that those days come around again - even if it takes a while lol

They don't hurt us on purpose, they just don't know what we endure because they don't have this thing gnawing at them all the time. It's frustrating, but it's not their fault, bless em. That frustration is why we come here some days, so vent away freely and I hope you feel better afterwards. Sometimes just knowing you're not alone is enough!

Hope today is more smiley for you, and your pain is less. Hang on in.

Bram

Coeliac since 2007.
Patella femoral arthritis both knees.

Keep smiling!
Brambledog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Allanira (09-24-2013), RSD ME (09-24-2013)