View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 05:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default From one Mom to another

Hi Heather...

I have sent you a PM so I hope you get it.

I must tell you I have visited so many sites, including parent only sites, and have found this to be the most valuable, uplifting, caring spot to read and post. This group of people have given me hope, confidence and knowledge. I hope you find this too.

The most difficult thing as a parent for me, is that everything I have ever done for my child was to make things not hurt--a bandaid, a kiss, an ice pack, a hug. Most of the time this made it all better....with RSD, you can't do those things as easily and they don't make it better for the pain. That is hard. There are other things we CAN do to make it better, we just have to help each other find those things. The people here do that. They share ideas and thoughts on what to try next and maybe what not to try. They do give hope. They also rant and vent and express so many feelings that I have that I have no one else to say it to and by sharing feelings of grief and sadness, relieve my anxiety and give me stability. I know that sounds a bit odd, but for me there is comfort in knowing I am not the only stressed, worried and upset person because of RSD.

Life has changed for you and we are here to help and we know through your process, you will help us.

I look forward to talking to you-
Katherine