View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 01:05 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

CPS isn't easy to define/explain, and isn't necessarily any single condition (many conditions may fall under it), but as I understand it, (and I think I mentioned this before) it is a psychosocial disorder that occurs in some patients with (noncancer) Chronic Pain in which symptoms of the pain consume the attention of the patients and becomes incapacitating. It often/usually involves 2 or more co-existing pain conditions or wide spread generalized pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos View Post
I do have an appt with my pain doc on Wed. I need to go over with her about a long term treatment. She mentioned a neurostimulator when I was in last. My DH met a woman with CRPS that has one, and that I'll meet this coming weekend. I'll be able to pick her brain about a lot, hopefully. My doc said she won't prescribe opiates because I smoke MMJ. Stupid DEA!!
There's actually more to it than just the DEA. E.g. spoze a MM patient (not talking about you because you don't have any ) forgot they took their opiate, and took them again... or several times. Not good.

If you'd like, you can pick a lot of brains here about neurostimulators in the SCS & Pain Pumps forum.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote