View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 03:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxBros556 View Post
I totally agree! This week will be 2 months to the day my injury occurred. I have an appointment with a top orthopedic surgeon. I am so sick of the pain and numbness in my right leg. This has been absolute hell for 2 months. Next weekend my wife and I are baptizing our 7 month old son and I'm not looking forward to it. This injury has taking over my life. It's all in my leg no back pain at all. I am worried about surgery, but anything would be better then this pain. I feel handicapped and limited to what I can do. PT is useless and just causes more pain and soreness. Thanks for you advise. I will keep you post to what the Surgeon has to say this Thursday afternoon. Looking forward to this appointment. Thank you

That sounds so similar to mine I have never had back pain just all nerve pain and numbness n my legs. I just spoke to my surgeon today on the phone and he said the MRI stated that my surgery went perfectly as there is no structural sign that should be causing my ongoing pain. From this I take it that nerve damage has occurred and I am 100% certain now that if I had this surgery before 6months or even earlier and it went perfectly as stated I would be pain free! Hopefully your surgeon will lead you down the right path and a pain free life may well be on its way!

Sometimes its hard to remember what a pain free life feels like but you have the chance to tackle your problem earlier; I dismissed surgery as an option at 6months from a GP and I will regret it for as long as my pain is still here. Hope it all goes well and really listen to what he has to say. I have seen 3 neurosurgeons and they all say the best candidates are those have only leg pain as research has shown that surgery is much more effective in relieving leg pain than that of back pain.

Hope this helps and all goes well!
jimmyn18 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote