View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 04:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSD RENEE View Post
Hi. My name is Renee and I was diagnosed with RSD over two years ago after breaking my wrist after a fall on the ice. I was also recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia a few months ago. I am in constant pain all over from both conditions believe the RSD is spreading to my left wrist and right leg and foot.

I see many doctors and take many medications to deal with the pain and the pyscological toll these conditions are taking on me.

When I was first diagnosed with RSD, I had eight nerve blocks in a two month period and six months of physical therapy.

They stopped helping after that time.

I also recently tried acupuncture several times, but the pain from the needles hurt too much and I feel that it aggravated my RSD, so I stopped it.

Lately, I am having more pain and am really scared of the constant pain and the RSD spreading. Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with constant pain and fear? I would really appreciate any advice you have.

Thanks.
Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear that! I'm afraid that I haven't got much advice for you, but I saw that nobody had responded and figured I'd offer you somebody to talk to if you need! I hope you find something too, maybe speak to your doc about some different maintenance pain medication? I find that I need to switch it up so that the painkillers don't lose any of their effectiveness from higher tolerance.
_belle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (09-25-2013), RSD ME (09-25-2013)