View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 08:55 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I forgot about the meds maybe hurting stomach. My memory is not so good with these meds either. I will try not taking advil this morning and see if that is the culprit. I hope so. I don't want to go to the dr today. Yesterdays dr trip to the city wore me out and it's sooo cold out here in Jersey today. My nails used to grow long in the beginning. I had to cut them though because they hurt when long. I don't know why. My skin was also very dry and scaly on my rsd hand and my fingers were twisted. Now my nails are more normal except for my toe nails on my feet. They are thick and brittle. It's so weird. The big toe nails are a little yellowish too. Well I'm going to hope its just the advil upsetting my stomach and ask the dr if I can take mylanta. I hope maybe I can just call and find out. I'm tired today. Was up since 5am because of pain and think I might try to nap now. It's hard for me to type today too long because my rsd hand is very cold and stiff. I'm trying to just type with my other hand, but that one's starting to hurt too. Thanks for reminding me about the pills. Hopefully I won't need surgery, but if I do I will make sure to have a list of meds I take every day, permission note from my pm dr and my cell phone in my suitcase just in case (as well as giving info to drs) if I have to stay over. The last two surgeries I had, my meds were not given to me (even though I gave them a list prior) and I started going through withdrawl and had severe pain from rsd and from the surgical pains I had. Apparently, even though I told my drs and hospital (this happened in two different hospitals) about my condition and the pills I needed, they forgot to note it in my chart and would not give me my pills until they could get a hold of my dr in the morning. I got a hold of my husband by asking the nurses for a hospital phone. He came and talked to the dr on call and showed them copies of all my paperwork that he had from my pm dr and surgical dr, so that they could help me. It was a nightmare. I didn't think I would make it through the night. I dread the thought of going back to the hospital and hope I don't need surgery ever again, because of this. Most of the staff had no idea what RSD was and when I told my drs what had happened, they said they would have an inservice about how to dispense meds properly. I like to tell people too, so that they don't go through the horrible experience. I wish people would have inservices about RSD too. Anyway, I'm sorry your leg is swollen and your nails are so thick and brittle. I hope you're having a better day today and I hope it's as pain free as possible. Thanks Allanira for being so nice. Talk to ya later. I'm going to put some gloves on my freezing cold hands and try go to back sleep for a while.
RSD ME is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote