View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 10:01 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxBros556 View Post
Hello,

my name is paul.
I Just joined this site because I'm concerned about my Lumbar MRI. Below are the finds from a lumber MRI I took Aug 13, 2013.

T12-L1: No central canal stenosis. Neural Foramina are patent.

L1-2: No central canal stenosis. Neural Foramina are patent.

L2-3: No central canal stenosis. Neural foramina are patent.

L3-4: No central canal stenosis. Neural foramina are patent.

L4-5: There is a far lateral neural foraminal disc protrusion that results in a moderate narrowing of the right neural foramina. The disc protrusion measures 15*9 mm on axial image 31 of series 5. No central canal stenosis. Left neural foramina is patent.

Those are the results.

Can someone please help me understand my results and let me know how bad they are. My dr. said my L4-5 disc protrusion is cause my right leg pain and numbness in my right shin. Is that possible??? Plus i barely have any right knee reflex, which he also attributes to L4-5 protrusion. I guess I'm just worried because I've had physical therapy and 2 epidural injections and i have absolutely no relief. The pain started in my back, but now i have no back pain all right leg pain and butt pain. This has taking over my life for the past 2 months. Can someone please shed some light on my situation???? Any recommendations will highly be appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul
Your symptoms, exam and MRI findings are in agreement and consistent. 9mm is pretty big. You've already had ESI so discectomy may be your best bet. You can try waiting it out but the longer you wait, the more potential scarring of the nerve root occurs, possibly lessening favorable surgical outcome should you eventually go there. Please discuss thoroughly with your doc.
Dubious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote