View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 10:04 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixmeup11 View Post
I know the point of this is to talk pain, but there is more to us than that. Especially those of us who share more and get advice from the same people. I like to think we are among friends. And since I'm feeling ok today, I feel like letting you guys know a little about who I am as a person.
There's the Social Chat forum, but... ...I'm with this.

FWIW, IME sharing personal/social stuff in support settings works a lot better than sharing painee stuff in real world social settings. I could write a monograph about that (Yes, I was a writer of sorts "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...."), but others probably already have.
Quote:
My name is Stephanie.
Hi, Stephanie....
Quote:
One of my favorite movies has a handful of quotes that could go on my tombstone. That movie is Moneyball.
Great flick! (...despite factual inaccuracies and Jonah Hill's character being fictional... Ah, Hol-ly-wood! )
Litmus Test: How do you feel about His Dudeness?

Our whole life is punctuated by movie & television quotes, and song lyrics. Some have been with us for so long that despite frequent repetition we can no longer remember the source!
Quote:
I am a little strange.
Welcome to the club!
Quote:
I cry almost every single day and not because I'm sad. I get those tears of joy from watching, of all things, SportsCenter(my lifelong dream has been to grab a spot on their top 10 plays.
Sorry to bring this back to on-topic stuff (only temporarily, I promise!), but that could be hormonal (and I don't mean that in the usual sense). I got the same way for a while, blubbering at the drop of a hat at old movies or just about anything else. I learned that chronic pain and some of its medications can unbalance hormones in painees (both men & women), creating even more problems for us. After researching and huddling (football reference just for you! ) with my doctors, I embarked upon a chronic pain hormone replacement therapy regimen, and the results have been very much worthwile.
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/sh...ht=preliminary
Quote:
I like weird people. The more weird someone is, the more I want to be their friend. Because being different is awesome!
Thanks, but I'm taken. Wow... a jock and a nerd. Is that legal?
Quote:
Who didn't love college right? The good ol days of damn near zero responsibility and partying at least 4 days a week. I worked as a lifeguard and went to class and lived a funtastic life! Time sure does go by fast.
Ah, that explains it! "There's a time and place for everything, and it's called college." Often attributed to Chef/South Park, it's likely much older. Nevertheless, it works—as many quotes do—on a number of levels, for a lot of things.
Quote:
Though I live with my parents now bc of my pain, I hope to get back to Dallas where I had spent the last 5 yrs of my life. I work as a dr assistant and love it. Can't wait to get back.
...long as the Dr.'s name isn't Frankenstein, I think we're good!

Doc (What close friends in the real world call me, anyway )

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote