Thread: L4-5 15*9mm
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 10:42 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubious View Post
Your symptoms, exam and MRI findings are in agreement and consistent. 9mm is pretty big. You've already had ESI so discectomy may be your best bet. You can try waiting it out but the longer you wait, the more potential scarring of the nerve root occurs, possibly lessening favorable surgical outcome should you eventually go there. Please discuss thoroughly with your doc.
Is a microdiscectomy and discectomy the same thing? My injury happened July 29th, 2013. Its already been to months. My pain management dr. believes surgery is my best option. I'm scheduled to see a top orthopedic surgeon at midwest orthopedic at Rush. I live in Chicago. Do you think I might already have scar tissue after 2 months?? I have to say over the past few days the pain has gotten better, but the numb raw burning feeling in my shin is still there. That pain comes and goes. Its not constant all day. I guess I'm just confused and angry at myself because i easily could have avoided this injury. Oh well, it could be worse, I guess????
FoxBros556 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote