View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 04:27 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Carmellaann,

I'm sorry you are having yet another tooth problem :/

Is the tooth infected? Did the dentist take an xray of it?
Can the dentist see where the crack is or is the crack below the gum line?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmellaann View Post
My number 15 tooth is cracked and has started to hurt. It is a pinching, mild hurt which is managed with motrin. I thought it was infected as well. My Doc understands that I refuse all root canals going forward, even if it means losing the tooth. He supports my decision to let nature take it's course with my teeth at this point. I have had some horrible dental issues in the last three years--from teeth that have cracked from huge metal fillings post orthodontics almost 40 years ago and become infected--followed by failed root canals and finally: extractions.

He also offered me the opportunity to have him put a crown on the tooth--temporary crown, no charge to see if it would stabilize the tooth. I asked if it would stop the pain. He said, that's what we would try to find out. I hesitated. Then, all I could think of was more infection down the road...or worse yet, more pain after he put the temporary crown on...and not being able to get the tooth extracted immediately and being in pain.

In the end, I opted for the extraction and it is scheduled. I am now wondering if I should have tried the crown...and if I made the right decision.

Thoughts?
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote