View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 08:09 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi tyndi,

Fractures can be hard to detect. However, root canal therapy is NOT the way to detect them. They can sometimes been seen on an xray or on the actual tooth after it has been extracted.

I am thinking that the remark the dentist made to you about the post being deep may be his way of saying the post has perforated or cracked the side of the tooth and that is why is suspecting a fracture. Just so you know.... posts are not placed in the gum. They are drilled directly into the center portion of the root of a tooth. They are meant to create some retention in a sick fragile tooth. Ironically, posts only made the tooth more fragile and make it prone to fracturing.

An ENT is a Ear Nose and Throat physician.

I hope you never have to deal with this problem again too!

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyndi View Post
Thanks so much for replying!

I am considering to have them extract the tooth eventually. I have to wait at least 3 months for my husbands new insurance to kick in. Im going to wait until then to have the tooth extracted and have an implant put in. Im going to pray that the pain dont come back until then and that further complications arise =(
Quick question Bryanna, is there any way that they can find out if I have a fracture on the tooth by doing any other procedure than the root canal?
and also what is ENT?
I hate root canals! I never want to deal with them ever again!
Thank you sooo much! =)
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote