View Single Post
Old 09-21-2006, 01:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamie View Post
Harry's Farmers Market near the Big Chicken on Roswell Road in Marietta.
Been awhile since I've heard directions given in reference to the Big Chicken. Hee! Oh, and it's really nice to know there's a Whole Foods in Atlanta! My in-laws are in Kennesaw. Not sure when we'll be heading back that way.

Kamie, when we did Tom's dairy trial, I didn't know all that Bec just told you. I took Tom off dairy for 8 weeks (he had withdrawal seizures at 2 weeks, so I thought it was a failure at first). On a Saturday (and Claire's birthday), I fed him skim milk and doughnuts (most doughnuts have milk) for breakfast. He was soooo hyper, but we blamed the doughnuts. I did give him regular milk at each meal. Sunday, we were too busy getting things ready for Claire's party, so I really don't know how he was. Monday, he went to spec ed preschool. When I picked him up, the first words out of the teacher's mouth were, "What did you give him?" He couldn't sit still for them, he was knocking puzzles and toys on the floor, he was out of control for his normal behavior. To be honest, it took me a minute or two to figure out that we had given him milk over the weekend (and some for breakfast that day). It took 3 days for him to calm back down.

The last time that I know he had a small amount of milk (a bite or two of a rice crispy treat, so not a lot), I didn't notice any reaction. Whether *he* noticed a buzz or not, I don't know. But, going dairy free made the most difference in his seizure control and I have no intention of messing around with milk.
Mom to Samantha (10), Claire (9), and Tom (7). Tom is developmentally delayed with poor vision, lousy fine motor skills and epilepsy. His seizures are pretty well controlled through diet - dairy-free, gluten-free, rice-free, and coconut-free.
RathyKay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote