View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 04:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin Lee View Post
Hello,
I am new to writing in this forum but have been looking at posts for awhile. I was diagnosed with CRPS after a tailor's bunionectomy and osteotomy that I had on my right foot in June 2012. I didn't receive the diagnosis until last October or the correct treatments until February of 2013. I have had so many different types of nerve blocks with no success. Doctors and Physical Therapist all agree that I should get a Spinal Cord Stimulator but I am not in a place where I can trust any doctor to operate on me again. So I have been trialing multiple medications with some relief. However weakness, tingling, numbness, and shooting pain started in my wrists, hands, and arms. Now doctors have recently diagnosed me with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in both wrists-- the right being far worse than the left. Has anyone heard of some connection here? I am only 34 years old and was very healthy until this whole mess started. Is it just coincidence that now I am having more neuropathic pain or could the CRPS be spreading?
Hello Erin,

I'm sorry that you also suffer from CRPS! Yes, CRPS can spread or jump to other limbs. However, there is always the possibility it isn't spread and something else. Either way your doctor(s) should be made aware of any new symptoms and areas of pain so that they can evaluate it. It is easy to just blame everything on CRPS since it has so many varying symptoms and the potential for spread.. err on the side of caution just in case.

Regarding the Spinal Cord Stimulator - I had mine implanted on 7/8 and I'm very glad I went through with it for without it I can barely walk. No, it doesn't take all the pain away and some symptoms just aren't helped by it but I would absolutely do it again. It may be worth further consideration especially to help your foot.
zookester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Erin Lee (09-28-2013)