View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 04:07 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyL View Post
About a month ago my private neurologist gave me a 4-week "sample" pkg of Azilect--2-weeks of .5mg, and 2-weeks of 1mg. He also wrote me script for 1-yr. Great news is that I've noticed NO side-effects. Good news, to date (5th week), is that it does seem to be helping somewhat. I hope to see more improvement over the next few weeks.
I called the pharmacy to see how much a thirty-day supply (thirty, 1mg tabs) would cost me with only Medicare as "insurance". Answer was $500. WOW!--$500 for 30 whole MILLIGRAMS. Of course, I cannot afford it, so, a couple of days ago, I went back to the doc and picked up another 6 weeks of "free" samples.
I'm in Indiana, and was wondering what others around the world are paying for a one-month prescription of 1mg/day? Many thanks.
i had a company that installed RX filling systems and contacted one of my former pharmacy customers to get their cost for 30 azilect - $430/30. it's expensive.
TEVA does have patient assistance programs based on your income. if you still can't afford it i think you can appeal to them because of medical necessity but i think that requires your neuro to tell them you have to have it, you've tried every other option. I don't take it, this is all 2nd hand. i have a friend on it, $275 copay.

Selegilene is another option but usually more side affects, it's been around for a long time, irreversible MAO-B inhibitor, i think it's a modified amphetamine. i took it, stopped because i think it increased ringing in one ear and i was dealing with high blood pressure, also might have caused some back muscle pain.

my neuro hasn't recommended either to me but i also can't afford it, can get free samples for awhile but not anxious to start a drug that i might have to stop. might try selegiline again, normal dosage is 5mg twice a day. it's not that cheap either..

you aren't taking that much sinemet, why not just increase the dosage? you can buy the 250mg tabs, split them and take 125mg 3-4 times a day. i think their cost isn't a lot greater than the 25/100.
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
toyL (09-26-2013)