View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 07:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessyMark View Post
I was thankful they didn't want to keep me ! I can say the soreness where the wire from trial comes out feels much better now . My doc implanted the device on my left abdomen seeing I tend to sleep mostly on my right side. That area is a little sore but not real bad right now course let all the pain meds wear off and talk to me then lol I think I'm going to stay ahead of that curve for a little while cause it will effect on how I get up from a sitting position and I don't want to put anymore stress on my back than needed. I was given this binder (that goes around your waist) I have to wear for the next couple of weeks to help make sure the stim unit scars in place properly. And of course those lovely white compression stockings But I will wear them. Seeing when my trial was performed I was not given a pair. When I went to the hospital this morning for the final implant doc came into my room looked at my feet. Seen how swollen my ankles where asked me why I didn't wear the compression stockings I was given ? Told him I never received a pair. He said you will before you go home today! He then hollered some nurse's name and she come into the room and he told her to measure my legs for compression stockings and stood there while she did so. After she got them on me the last thing I remember was being pushed into the O.R.

So now I'm sitting here at the house in the recliner getting ready to try and watch some S.O.A that I recorded the other night. While my wife goes to the bus stop to pick up our little girl who thought as her dad did that he was going to have to spend one night in the hospital because the doc had said that the last time we had seen him. Gets to surprise his little girl when she comes home because I told my wife not to say anything about me being at home.
Hopefully I will feel as well as I do right now later tonight. Will have to wait and see time will tell all.
Congrats and welcome home! Now stay still and heal I hope the surprise was wonderful and you got lots of little girl smiles and (gentle) hugs and kisses!
jen7009 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (09-26-2013), ger715 (09-26-2013), Mark56 (09-26-2013), MessyMark (09-26-2013), Rrae (09-27-2013)