View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 07:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cath4512 View Post
Hi, I have been diagnosed with PN in both feet by my GP & am waiting to see a neurologist.
The last few days the pain has changed in my right foot. It still burns & I get shooting pains from my toes up my leg. But it feels so pain ful on the arch of my foot, almost as if it is broken. I cant walk without limping really badly & my balance does not feel right.
Is this all part of PN?
It is so painful that I cant sleep or concentrate on things.
Well, it's a wee bit late, but I wonder if cath got resolution on this. If it's still useful to know this, my initial PN symptoms were fairly typical -- swelling, numbness, painful tingling. But what really sent me to the doctor was sharp pain in the 4/5 metatarsal area, bad enough that I couldn't walk on it, and the orthopedist put me in a cam boot. Suspecting stress fractures, they did a full-body bone scan. Negative. That pain eventually subsided in the face of cramps and other typical neuropathic pain. But I'd say yes, pain that mimics a fracture CAN be one of the countless ways that this disease manifests itself. There's not much our nerves can't do for -- and TO -- us.
ChaucerFan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
echoes long ago (09-27-2013)