View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 07:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by postconcussion View Post
Hi Greenfrog!

That is great news! Have your headaches gone away 100%? Do you need to take any meds? Did you fly on your vacation and if so any issues?

So happy to hear how well you are doing. Unfortunately I just smacked my head a bit and am having a small setback so I decided to check the forum and recognized your name. But, for the good news, I was doing so much better as well, running, taking a class, etc but still do have my constant headache.

Congrats!
Hi postconcussion,

I'm really glad to hear about your improvements (sorry to hear you smacked your head recently). I used to love running but haven't tried it yet. I figure it will be one of the last things I try. How great that you've been able to take a class.

I never took any meds. I considered taking antidepressants but ultimately decided against it. I have been taking fish oil supplements, multi with high Bs, D3, and curcumin. The occasional potato chip binge notwithstanding, I've been trying to eat well as well. Let food be thy medicine, etc.

As for the holiday, yes! We took a flight (about three hours each way). It really went fine. There are some threads on NT with good tips re flying.

I don't get major headaches any more. I'm not completely symptom-free yet, though. I still have very mild headaches and/or feel a bit "off" from time to time. My stomach seems to be a bit more sensitive than it was before the injury. Apart from working full-time, I'm still trying to take it easy and not push too hard. I've had some very good days (and I'm functioning at a pretty good level) but am not yet all the way home. I'm hopeful that this residual layer of symptoms will abate in time, but I know there are no guarantees with PCS.

My best to you (as Mark likes to say).

Last edited by greenfrog; 09-26-2013 at 08:06 PM.
greenfrog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
postconcussion (09-27-2013)