Thread: LTD and SSDI
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 09:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default LTD and SSDI

Hello All,

My husband was finally approved for long term disability through his work and now I am curious if that has any bearing on SSDI and getting approved? Long story short, my husband (59 yrs) had a stroke and anoxic event in the beginning of this year. That resulted in a traumatic brain injury from the loss of oxygen to his brain. Finally after numerous neurologists and all kinds of testing he has been diagnosed with Dementia which includes long and short term memory loss. It is very profound and most days he can not remember the previous day or anything for that matter.

I have submitted for him the social security application and numerous reports including the adult function report and his primary care doctor did the mental function report. We turned in all doctors medical records. I am not sure how long it will take for SSDI to determine if they feel his is disabled?!? Do any of you know if I can or should give SSDI the approval letter from the LTD company? Would this help in any way to secure SSDI?

I have been reading this wonderful website and do not see anything similar so thought i could reach out to the people who have lived this nightmare and may have some knowledge.

Thank you to all who are so helpful to those of us who are scared, tired and just plain worn out.
Wheeler is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote