View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 08:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Greenfrog & everyone!
I haven't been on the forums in a while (been working hard on recovery....but a bit depressed by the slow progress).

Greenfrog, I am so encouraged to hear how well you are doing. That is awesome!

It has been 23 months for me and I am finally getting ready to be released by the doctor and put at MMI. I just finished NeuroFeedback but didn't see the improvement that I had hoped for.

Some things have improved slowly over time, but the headaches are still there daily and the sleep dysfunction is prgressivly worse along with the extreme fatigue that I can't seem to shake. Noise/sensory is still a problem with too many people talking at once (light sensitivity is better....but not like it used to be). I also have an overall sensitivity to meds, vibrations, pain etc that I didn't seem to have before the injury.

So far I have had quite a bit of treatment (vestibular therapy, myofascial release therapy, injections into frontal and temperal for headaches, 12 weeks of traction for cspine, tmj treatment with a permanent orthotic, neuro feedback, VNG which came back abnormal and sent in me for a 2nd round of specialized vestibular therapy and more) and feel I should be feeling better at this point.

The Neuro doc said he can see by my brainwaves that things are not automatic and that it takes a lot of effort for me to concentrate/focus. That is very draining on your entire system.

Anyway, glad I popped back by and so glad to hear of your improvements. Best wishes to you all!

Symptoms: focus/concentration issues, short term memory issues, nausia, dizziness, sleep problems, noise/light sensitivities, extreme fatigue, irritability, vision problems, slow processing, tingling in extremeties and a few more I can't remember.
HeadStrong is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote