View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 05:03 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default lyrica withdrawal

I started on Lyrica about 8 weeks ago for what was felt to be cervical radiculopathy in both arms with neck pain. MRI and Xrays were consistent with this. Started on 75mg per day then 2 times a day and about 3-4 weeks ago went through a 2 week period where I was on 200-300 per day in 2-3 doses. Came off it abruptly 12 days ago for one day in an attempt to localize my pain for an upcoming visit with my Ortho surgeon. I experienced numbness, tingling, and stinging pain everywhere but worse in the hands and feet. I took 75mg that night before bed and went straight to my primary care doc to be worked up for neuropathy or other conditions. MRI brain and thoracic cord showed no evidence of MS. EMG/NCV essentially normal. Rheumatologic workup negative except positive ANA but that can be present in some normal people. Since that initial attempt at abrupt withdrawal I have tapered but rather fast. From almost 150 two times a day 12 days ago to 25mg two times a day now. I still have some numbness, tingling but primarily all the nerves seem jumpy, particularly the sciatic almost like I can't take a long stride when I walk. A little irritability in the jaw muscles moreso on one side. I have insomnia and anxiety but no nausea. My main concern is, are these symptoms consistent with coming down off Lyrica. I hope this is cervical radiculopathy with lyrics withdrawal/tapering as I don't want to have some of the conditions that many of you may suffer from such as Fibromyalgia or Neuropathy. Please tell me if anyone has experienced these symptoms when coming down off Lyrica.
Thank you
mconklin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote