View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 11:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi and welcome.
sorry to hear about your rsd.
I have had it for over two years have been on nuerontin from the very beginning of it.
I find that it helps alot with the pain and burning but affects my memory and speech alot.
I now take 1800 - 1900mg daily along with prednisone. I need the combination to help ease the pain of the rsd, along with advil (though I'm taking a break from the advil for a short while because of bad stomach pains that it might be giving me.)
I'm still trying to come to terms with this disorder, but it's not easy. somedays when i have bad flare ups, i get extremely depressed and scared. I see a phsychiatrist to help me deal with the anxiety. I take xanax and zoloft from him and it helps me to deal with this rsd more calmly. The best advice I can give is to try to not think about what may happen, but to just think about one day at a time. I have had spread starting this past year from my right wrist, hand, up my arm. then to my left wrist arm and hand and my right leg and ankle and foot ( and left calf is starting to swell and hurt too ) I don't think I have full body,and they saymost people don'tget that, but they don't know for sure.That scare me alot, but I try to focus on the right here and now and not the what may be. And I try to make the most of my days,except when I have meltdowns like today. Then i pretty much cry and stay in bed most of the day. Having found the support of all the people on this rsd forum has helped me so much too. They are so supportive and kind and know what I am going through and I don't think I could go through this without them. Well, I hope I helped and try to hang in there and exercise as much as you can (as instructed by your dr. of course).Take care.
RSD ME is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote