View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 08:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up

Thank you so much, Rose! I know that what I'm currently experiencing is nowhere near as bad as what it was previously. It's just after a relatively pain free period it *feels* worse. It seemed to come on all of sudden and may be related to my weaning off process for Effexor. I went down to about 9 mgs and was having some pretty good withdrawal discomfort so I temporarily went back up to the next highest dose I'd been at. Stayed there for about 5 more days and then came back down to the 9.something. After about 3 days all the discomfort was gone and I've been at that level for about 6 days or so now. The return of the PN symptoms seems to coincide with the second drop down to 9 of the Effexor. I suppose it's possible and Celexa *did* cause me some symptoms that got worse for a while as I went through the weaning off process. Makes sense that Effexor might cause the same. If that's the case I'm hoping I see some improvement in the next week. As soon as I'm totally stable for at least a week on this dose of Effexor I'll be starting the next phase of the wean off: That is, to begin skipping alternate days until I'm completely off the Effexor.

In the meantime I've temporarily doubled my dose, specifically, of the B-12 and Folic Acid. Been doing that for going on the third day today. That does seem to be helping and I'll come back down to the regular dose I'd been taking when the worst of this backlash has stopped.

So much of this is trial and error, poke and hope and guestimation.